SpringBoard’s April 2012 release features user interface improvements to editing product prices and HTTP notifications, as well as minor bug fixes. For more information, you can read our blog post on this release.
A few highlights from this release:
- Discounts may now be applied to a set number of periods for subscription products. For example, you can now offer your customers 10% off for the first three months of their subscriptions.
- The user interface to View All Product Prices has been redesigned to as a spreadsheet layout to allow for mass updating of product prices. To edit the prices of all of your products on a single webpage, including their prices in multiple currencies, go to SpringBoard's Store Home » Products and Pages » View All Product Prices.
- For canceled subscription products, as long as the subscription has not yet been deactivated, the subscription product can be reactivated.
- FastSpring’s localization capabilities continue to expand. In addition to setting currency prices in US Dollars (USD), Austrailian Dollars (AUD), Swiss Franc (CHF), Danish Krone (DKK), Euros (EUR), Pounds Sterling (GBP), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Japanese Yen (JPY), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), and Singapore Dollar (SGD), native prices can now be set in Swedish Krona (SEK) for both credit cards and PayPal.
- When duplicating a product, in addition to copying basic product details, such as product description and prices, as well as email and license information, file fulfillment actions are now also replicated.
- License information may now be sent with Acutrack shipments of physical products.
- In the Reports section, picking a pre-defined report month now automatically refreshes the page with the appropriate order details. Additionally, product names were added to the export CSV for subscription products.
- HTTP notification setup and editing has been simplified for the most common types of notifications and these notifications now support an optional "test URL" that can be used instead of the main URL for test mode purchases only.
- Randomly generated coupons may now be set to expire after a certain number of days.
Bug fixes in this release:
- The ABA routing number for FastSpring is now given to customers who choose to pay with a bank transfer.
- Receipts for subscription products renewals are now translated into other languages.
- Rounding issues from certain order settings and VAT rates, which caused PayPal to reject some orders, have been fixed.
- Selected "Choosing to Require Typing Email Address Twice for Confirmation" in Style Options now properly displays a second email verification field for all order page flows and scenarios.
- The "Automatically Add" option is working properly for file backup offers.
- Subtotal prices now include shipping when displayed with VAT taxes.
- Pro-rated subscription changes, including partial refunds, now works correctly with taxable subscription products.
- Calculated tag prices are now working properly for subscription-based product options.
- The price of custom orders and wire transfer orders, which were sometimes incorrectly reduced when VAT tax was applied, combined with specific
actions by the customer, are now properly calculated.