This article applies to Classic Commerce. (Looking for Contextual Commerce documentation?)
The built-in AquaticPrime aquatic prime or Aquatic Primelicense generator is based on the third party algorithm available from the AquaticPrime website. This generates an XML "plist" file which contains all of the customer's license information. After purchase a URL is given to the customer to download the file. This download link may be provided in both the post-order email and in the web receipt.
Example Generated File
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>Created</key> <string>Wed, 01 Jan 2011 00:00:00 +0000</string> <key>Email</key> <string>firstname.lastname@example.org</string> <key>License</key> <string>dH9IY3n5JVYfUe6LCfgrerwC9EAEqD1G</string> <key>Name</key> <string>John Doe</string> <key>Order</key> <string>TEST</string> <key>Product</key> <string>MyProduct 1.0</string> <key>Quantity</key> <string>1</string> <key>Signature</key> <data>ijpmbi4NmsKgyxi3kPE/P5mMPo7XI1BGh8Sww0Zqj7J1u66WKMN69JRkw9uo6O4if8eb93CDyond laz1zzXyGdkgmeJq3w/do+Nw4+AdHEJnfZcRIYPgi1fsda0bJWEpkJWKvPQYoApmNPsGGC8FtImH e8M0Usa9sm6hnxDs1j8= </data> </dict> </plist>
The built-in AquaticPrime license generator supports the following customization of the generated file:
- File name downloaded to the customer's computer, including extension. The file name may also contain the customer's name. For example, a final file name could be: "John Doe License.myapp".
- The value for "Order" contains the unique order identifier. You may rename the name of the key used for this field. For example, "OrderId".
- The key name used for the "Created" value may be renamed. For example, "Timestamp".
- The value used for the "Product" item may be customized.
- Optionally specify one custom key / value pair. The value will be the same for every generated license.
- Include either the customer's name only, the customer's name + email address (as in the example), or the customer's name + company (if company is given).